Today, Sunday, January 22nd, concluded the 10-day visit to TCIS of staff and students from the Ati Tribal School from the Malay municipality of the Aklan Province on Panay Island in the Visayas region of the Philippines. The homes of the Ati are just a few miles across the channel from the famous White Beach of Boracay.
필리핀 비사야 제도 파나이 섬 아클란주 말라이시에 소재한 말레이 아티 부족 학교의 학생들과 교사들의 1월 22일 주일인 오늘 10일간의 TCIS 방문을 마무리했습니다. 아티 부족의 집은 휴양지로 유명한 보라카이 화이트 비치에서 바다를 건너 조금 떨어진 곳에 위치합니다.
Ati visitors perform at TCIS
Continue reading “The Ati Tribal School Visit”
Introducing – Mr. Aaron Chowning
This past week the TCIS Board of Trustees and Head of School reached an agreement with Mr. Aaron Chowning to come in August to TCIS to serve as Director of Student Affairs. Mr. Chowing was selected from seventeen (17) candidates worldwide and from five (5) finalists. He brings a life of rich cross-cultural experiences as a Third-Culture Kid (TCK) growing up as an adopted son of missionaries to Kenya, East Africa. Here are some more details about Mr. Chowning’s educational training and experiences.
EDUCATIONAL DEGREES & CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor of Science – Business Administration – Abilene Christian University, Abilene, Texas, USA (Certified to teach: Business & Technology)
- Masters of Science – Secondary Education – Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USA (certified as Principal in Texas)
- 2000-2004– Business & Technology Teacher, McKinney HS, McKinney, TX, USA (9-12/2500students)
- 2003-2004 – Assistant Principal, McKinney HS, McKinney, TX, USA (responsible for discipline of 1250 students)
- 2004-2007 – Selected as youngest Secondary Principal in state of Texas, Melissa MS & Melissa HS, Melissa, TX, USA (450 students)
- 2007-2013 – Developed, owned, and managed his own Educational Consulting and Tutoring business.
- 2013-2015 – Head of School, North Texas Christian Academy, McKinney, TX, USA (150 students / EC-10th grade)
- 2015-2017 – Dean of Students/Director of Technology, Crossroads Christian Academy, Panama City, Panama.
Mr. Chowning will be accompanied by his wife Ms. Janet Chowning. Ms. Chowning is a distinguished and experienced Christian international educator with the following degrees and educational experience:
- Degree – Bachelor of Education – Consumer Science & English (Certified: English 6-12, Home Economics 6-12, Reading K-12
- Experience – HS English as a Second Language, MS Language Arts & Reading, HS Family & Consumer Science, Kindergarten
The Chownings will bring two children with them: Mylen Chowning (12 yrs old) and Aivlyn Chowning (9 yrs old)
COMMENTS FROM AROUND THE WORLD ABOUT MR. CHOWNING:
- “He is a transcendent model of professionalism and an exceptionally supportive staﬀ member.” -Tonya McGuinness: Former Oﬃce Administrator (2 years)
- “…some of the ..skills he taught us and cutting edge thinking still inﬂuence me to this day…” -January Rowe- Former English Teacher and Department Head (3 years)
- “He was always visible and approachable, and if you didn’t approach him, he would approach you.” -Krista Katerhenry- Former Student (Class of 2007)
- “…a dynamic instructional leader who.. is constantly looking to motivate and inspire..” -Jason Smith- Superintendent and former supervisor (3 Years)
This blog will help TCIS students, parents and others keep abreast of some of the “big picture” things going on in the TCIS Community. Please subscribe and check back often!